Prayer for Daily Neglects

My homeschool advisor once gave me this advice. When I told her how frustrated I was with the little I was accomplishing because of my own faults and weaknesses, she said to find and say this prayer every day. I have only recently begun to do that; but it really is a deeply consoling prayer. (It probably is an effective prayer for helping to grow in holiness, too, because--although many copies of the prayer include the caution that it is not meant to replace confession--it is like confession in this respect, that by habitually having recourse to this prayer, I think I am becoming more mindful of my actions and choices during the day.)

Prayer for Daily Neglects

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its love, all its sufferings, and all its merits.

First To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.
Glory be to the Father...

Second To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life.
Glory be...

Third To supply for the good I ought to have done and that I have neglected this day
and during all my life. Glory be...


Comments

A very good prayer for a mom to have at her fingertips. I'm going to clip this and print it off. Thanks for sharing.
Mandi Richards said…
I really like this prayer. I came across it in a book of prayers to the Sacred Heart, but forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Popular Posts