100 Species Challenge--Yellow Wood Sorrel


When I identified the pink wood sorrel, I learned about this one and realized we have this one growing about the place too. I went back for a picture, but it was early evening and the flowers had already closed up for the day. Both the leaves and the flowers of yellow wood sorrel are smaller than the pink, and the leaves sort of fold back a little more; they are both supposed to be edible. Maybe one day I will get up the courage to try some.

1. Dogwood (Cornus florida)
2. Mockernut hickory (Carya tomentosa)
3. Leyland cypress (Cupressocyparis leylandii)
4. American beautyberry (Callicarpa americana)
5. Gregg's mistflower (Conoclinium greggii)
6. American holly (Ilex opaca)
7. Pokeberry (Phytolacca americana)
8. Pink wood sorrel (Oxalis articulata)
9. Yellow wood sorrel (Oxalis stricta)

Yikes, only nine? I'd better get on the ball!

Comments

Popular Posts