Something new: Five Minute Friday



So glad to have found this...

I have no less than 35 drafts in my post manager, posts that I start and cannot finish, cannot make perfect enough to share with the world. But I can do five minutes. Right?

So can you. Come see.

(H/T Elizabeth Foss)

When I look in the mirror, I see…

...someone who wants to be so much more than she is. Someone who is more than she realizes. Someone who sees clearly the way to achieve so many of her goals and ideals, even though she may misjudge the distance sometimes...if she can only shed the comfortable chains that hold her, the ones that ache when she twists to break them. The grace is abundantly there, if she will grasp it.

I see a beauty that is elusive, sometimes invisible, at least to me--which makes me wonder, what is beauty if it can't be seen? It frustrates me. But the mirror is not the place to find it, though sometimes it's helpful to check.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. That "sometimes invisible" beauty you mentioned... I like how it's there anyway, even if we don't see it, 'cause God said so! (And He trumps mommies.)

Popular Posts