Easy and Awesome Recipe

Jen F.'s Quick Take #6 last Friday was a chicken recipe with a claim to the "best yumminess-to-easiness ratio ever." I challenged that claim in the comments and promised to try to post my own.

Well, appropos of Sunday, here is my Sunday Chicken recipe. Let me first post the source of the recipe, which I tweaked just a tad. There are all kinds of great recipes here, if you want to browse a little. Sunday Chicken is less than halfway down.

For my version, use about a 40-oz bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken. This amounts to 4-5 breasts, but I actually prefer to use tenderloins. Cover with one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of cream of chicken soup. (Mix beforehand or not--I've done both.) Cut up 8 oz of cream cheese into 8-12 pieces and dot it around the soup. Sprinkle a package of dry Italian dressing mix evenly over the whole thing. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (You can start with thawed chicken and cook on low for 6-7 hours.)

I've put this together in less than five minutes before. (I was on my A-game that day.) Try serving it with a tossed salad, fruit salad, corn, and some King's Hawaiian dinner rolls to soak up some of that sauce. Excellent!

Comments

Popular Posts