Wisdom from the Saints


I noticed that I've started accumulating sources for bite-sized quotations from various saints. They are perfect food for thought in the frenetic world of education/ childcare/homemaking/small business support/large family logistics/vocation to holiness that I live in. So I thought that I'd share every now and then some of these nourishing nuggets, with a little reflection or passing comment--my version of a quick cup of tea or a chat on the fence. Maybe if you have a favorite quotation (or an online source for them) you can share it in the comments. We're all saints in progress, right?

These maxims by St. Teresa of Avila are the first of my little collection--in fact, I already linked to it here. They've been a favorite for a long time.

The Daily Quotation from St. Francis de Sales is fairly new to me. I don't remember where I first saw it, but I liked it so much I added it to my sidebar. I have begun to check it regularly, and more often than not it leaves me feeling that someone (Someone) is directing the quotes to address whatever is going on in my life.

This one I just found today, via Karen Edmisten, and I plan on checking back often--I can even customize the layout so the "Reflection from the Saints" is at the top right under the daily reading.

Patrick Madrid linked to these sayings from St. Philip Neri in January of this year; the full year's arrangement is found here. I love how it starts out: "WELL! when shall we have a mind to begin to do good?"

Feel free to share anytime!

(Image credit: Hanka Lehmannova)

Comments

Popular Posts