Needle and thREAD


needle and thREAD


Remember that sewing machine class I took? I have projects and projects lined up for it. And here comes Elizabeth Foss with a link up for us non-knitters sewists and book lovers. Right now I'm working on a rectangular cushion for the changing table in the nursery. See that pretty, vintage-y, pink rose fabric? I have more of it after the cushions is done; I'm sure I ll have no problem coming up with other nursery-type things to use it up. Next project is a dress for Cora, but for that I'm using the peach and pink and red pinstripe shirt shown, and this pattern, the one I used to help me cobble together Anwen's baptism gown last year.





On top of all of this girly, spring colors is my current pleasure reading, an heirloom hardback copy of Lord of the Rings. My husband bought me this some years ago, probably knowing I needed something sturdy. I reread it regularly. I always seem to gravitate toward starting it on Bilbo and Frodo's birthday in September; but this year I decided on March. Originally, I planned to start on March 25th, the day of the destruction of the ring in Tolkien's calendar. Tolkien chose this day because is said to be the date of the Crucifixion, the first Good Friday; but I missed it and ended up cracking the book open ten minutes before Holy Saturday began while I nursed Anwen to sleep. I didn't make it past the first page that night, myself, and have kept a nice leisurely pace since.

What are you reading and making?

Comments

Kimberlee said…
Hello, fellow non-knitter! Your floral fabric looks luscious and that vintage book sure is a treat. So lovely!
HannahW said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
HannahW said…
The nursery will be sweet with that beautiful fabric. I haven't read LOTR since I was a young teen. I bet I'd appreciate it so much more now (at the old age of 22 haha)

http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

Popular Posts