Danielle at Faith and Family Live has issued a general tag for this meme, so here goes:
1) Fall--the season of nostalgia and change--is my favorite! This might not be surprising, except to my husband, who upon observing this, says, "Then why are you crying?"
2) I met my husband when I was fourteen. Some of our friends know this, but maybe those who know only that we married at the ages of 22/21 after a four-month courtship (or perhaps didn't even know that much) would find this surprising.
3) I have a wedding flower fetish. I sometimes spend an unhealthy amount of time dreaming up color combinations and coordinating bloom possibilities according to each month of the year. This is probably due to the fact that I never actually had the big floral wedding arrangements.
4) I hate flip flops. Hate them. Old Navy doesn't help when they have their $1 flip flop sale and Jason wants all the kids to pick out a pair for pool shoes.
5) I was both president and valedictorian of my eighth grade class. I credit my beautiful running mate, Michele, for the presidential win, and I just barely eked it out in the valedictorian race--my competitor is now a doctor.
6) I have had three home births. The last one was unassisted. Ten years ago I would never have guessed that would be me, but they were the easiest births of my experience.
7) My favorite frozen treat was Edy's peach flavored Fruit Bars. I bought them once at Publix and could never find them again. Where o where did they go, Nestlé?
8) My writing style, and especially my letter-writing, changes according to what I am reading at the time. This is especially evident while I am reading Jane Austen--my sentence structure gets a bit florid.
9) I bought "Bet on It" from High School Musical 2 for my iPod. Voluntarily.
10) According to classical temperament tests, I am a phlegmatic-melancholic. Straight down the middle. This means, among other things, that I am an organized slob.
If you read this (who cares if you read it somewhere else too?), consider yourself tagged--and please leave me a link to your list of surprising things!