Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Declutter Day 3: Start with the Easy Stuff

Self-explanatory, right? If I want a really quick purge, it's a simple matter to pull some trash from my mounds of paperwork--junk mail, obsolete lists, old newspaper that's been used as a drop cloth. (Seriously, the paper mess is bad here.)

Ditto with toys, although I have to do it quietly. These kids have the ability to evince an attachment to even the most beat up, broken, unusable toys.

I have found that this "easy stuff" phase will carry me pretty far. The author of the decluttering article behind my five-day spurt is right that this actually becomes easier with practice. Tomorrow I'll look at how the process of purging becomes more automatic by, paradoxically, becoming more deliberate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails