Trying to plan your prayer life? Heh, heh... Read this

Frank from Why I Am Catholic brings his Marine-instilled understanding of tactical speed to bear on the practice of prayer:
By now you’re thinking Frank, what has this got to do with prayer? Well, you aren’t doing it enough. And you spend way to much time preparing to pray too. It happens to me sometimes, but not so much.

Maybe you think it’s complicated. Or you’re not ready. Or you don’t know how, except you do know the Our Father. Or maybe you think you don’t have time. I can’t pray the Rosary at work, you say. No time, no privacy. Too busy, you are. Yes…too busy to pray. Maybe you think you can only pray in the parish sanctuary? I don’t know.

But I do know this. If you have found yourself making these excuses, then the Devil is using his ability in the operational tempo department to put your soul in jeopardy.
Read the rest here.
I have to attest that I have been using the tactic--the longer, more complicated version--recommended in Frank's post more and more regularly. Believe it or not, it is good for every situation.

Lent is coming, after all.

Comments

Popular Posts