Novena to St. Jude

...starts today. I'm a little late posting about it, so I hope the people at Pray More Novenas won't mind if I post the prayer for today below. If you decide to join in, sign up over there and they'll send you e-mail reminders with the prayers for each day. There's also a place for you to publish your intentions, which is part of the tradition for this very popular novena.

I've never done a novena to St. Jude--as patron saint of impossible causes, he always seemed to me to be a "big gun" to be saved for the major stuff. But I think he and I need to be on better terms--I named a son after him, after all!

DAY 1 - ST. JUDE NOVENA PRAYERS

O St. Jude, holy Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, you are honored and petitioned by the universal Church, as the patron of desperate, hopeless and impossible cases. Pray for me. I am so very helpless and I feel alone.

Intercede for me that Almighty God may bring swift aid where it is needed most. Come to my assistance in my great time of need!

Pray for me that I may be given the comfort and help of Jesus. Most importantly, I ask that you pray that I may one day join you and all of the saints in heaven to praise God in consolation, rest and joy for all eternity.

I will remember your prayers, O Holy St. Jude. I will honor you as my patron as so many have before me because of the graces God deigns to give freely at your request.

O blessed apostle St. Jude, who labored zealously among the Gentiles in many lands, and performed numerous miracles in needy and despairing cases, I ask you to take interest in my needs. I know that you understand me. Please hear my prayers and my petitions. Please beg God for me and my deepest needs.

(State your intentions)

I pray that I will be patient in learning God's holy will for me and then courageously carry it out in my life.

Amen.

St. Jude, pray for me!

Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!

Amen.

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. -- Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. -- Amen.

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. -- Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Amen.

St. Jude Novena

Comments

Popular Posts