100 Species Challenge: Honeysuckle

I've been on a plant-identifying kick lately. I've always loved the concept of the 100 Species Challenge, and it's one of those many things it kills me I don't do better. But it's spring, and nature journaling feeds my mind and my soul in ways they are starving for. And I just joined the best Facebook group for plant identification—I mean, these people are seriously fast at finding out what you've got. So I will be looking to integrate my nature journal and the species already posted, and then work toward that magic number. It's a wealth of blog posts, even if I group them together, so expect to see several of these over the next few weeks. I'm even thinking of throwing some bonus species in. So...

Lonicera japonica - honeysuckle

Have I really not done honeysuckle yet? This is one of those that every Southern kid knows, because we spent summers sucking out the little, sweet drop of nectar inside each flower. I especially remember walking to swim lessons every morning and picking a blossom every few strides through the park. It was easy because honeysuckle was everywhere where I lived, and it will climb anything and take over. (I actually don't mind it on my fence, but it needs to stay off the blueberries!)

So far we've got:

1. Dogwood (Cornus florida)
2. Mockernut hickory (Carya tomentosa)
3. Leyland cypress (Cupressocyparis leylandii)
4. American beautyberry (Callicarpa americana)
5. Gregg's mistflower (Conoclinium greggii)
6. American holly (Ilex opaca)
7. Pokeberry (Phytolacca americana)
8. Pink wood sorrel (Oxalis articulata)
9. Yellow wood sorrel (Oxalis stricta)
10. Lonicera japonica (honeysuckle)

I can't wait to add more, but (again) I'm easing back in. Does anyone remember when the 100 Species Challenge was trending? It must have been a decade ago—but then it blows my mind that the iPhone is only that old. More soon!

Comments

Unknown said…
Catholic must know Dogma > Ripped from your soul.
If you're at all interested in knowing ... the Catholic Dogma ... that we *must believe* to
get to Heaven, and which you have *never* seen ...

I list it on my website > > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com

And no ... the anti-Christ vatican-2 heretic cult (founded in 1965) is not the Catholic Church (founded in 33 A.D.).

There are over 200 heresies against Catholic Dogma ... in the "vatican-2 council" documents ...50 listed on Section 12 (followed by Catholic corections) > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_12.html

Being outside ... the Catholic Church in any heresy ... leaves one with no chance of getting to Heaven.

Physical participation in a heretic cult (vatican-2, lutheran, evangelical, etc) ... automatically excommunicates you from the Catholic Church (that is, Christianity) > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_13.2.2.html

Mandatory ... Abjuration of heresy to enter the Catholic Church > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_40.html

Dogma that one must Abjure to leave the vatican-2 heretic cult and enter the Catholic Church > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_40.1.html

The BIBLE says ... 15 TIMES ... it is not the authority on Faith,
the BIBLE says the Church in it's Dogma and Doctrine ... is the authority on Faith and the definition of the Catholic Faith ... www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_6.html

The Catholic God knows ... what we think and believe ...

Catholic writing of Romans 1:21 >
"They ... became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened."

Catholic Faith (pre-fulfillment) writing of Deuteronomy 31:21 >
"For I know their thoughts, and what they are about to do this day."

Catholic Faith (pre-fulfillment) writing of Job 21:27 >
"Surely I know your thoughts, and your unjust judgments against Me."
Regards – Victoria

Popular Posts