A Ray of Sonshine in a Worldly World

Via Elizabeth Scalia comes this NPR story about a "victim who treats his mugger right":
"He wants my money, so I just gave him my wallet and told him, 'Here you go,'" Diaz says.

As the teen began to walk away, Diaz told him, "Hey, wait a minute. You forgot something. If you're going to be robbing people for the rest of the night, you might as well take my coat to keep you warm."

The Anchoress writes:
NPR did not make this connection, but I will:

"To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic. (Luke 29)"

Read the whole thing, both links.

Diaz's mother must have had her heart flutter as she heard her son tell her what happened; but she responded to the story by telling him, "You're the type of kid that if someone asked you for the time, you gave them your watch."

That's the kind of person I want to be.

Comments

Popular Posts