Slushies and Snow Cones

A friend passed this recipe for slushies on to us from Hillbilly Housewife (it's down the page a little). We tried it yesterday after an outing to the park and it was great--one of the kids was thumbing through the drink mix flavors wanting to know which kind I was going to make next. Thanks, Christine!

I actually bought the drink mixes to make snow cones. Do you have a snow cone machine? We were all about snow cones last year, and while we have a snow cone maker, we found it was actually quicker to use the shaved ice feature on our freezer's ice dispenser. I got a little tired of buying the snow cone syrup, though. This is what I'm going to try next. I have some root beer extract, too, which I think I can use to make the root beer-flavored syrup.

Stay cool!

Comments

Popular Posts