Snow Moon

There is one glory of the sun and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars...
--1 Corinthians 15:41


Spurred by this post at By Sun and Candlelight, I dragged out both of my cameras and attempted to get a picture of the moon.

I love the full moon. One of my favorite pictures from my trip to England several years ago is a very blurry, snapped-out-the-window-of-a-moving-cab photo of the full moon over Big Ben. I've never really gotten a decent picture, although every now and then I'll try. I have one somewhere (also blurry) of an orange harvest moon over a field near our house. Oh, to have decent photography skills.

I tried the night settings and the portrait settings on a timer, all on a camera stand, and got a few variations. This is the best one... I don't actually know which setting it was! (I think it was the timed portrait setting.) But I learned a few things all the same, not just for this application.



All the kids said it looked like the sun.

Incidentally, Dawn keeps referring to the different names for full moons according to when in the year they occur. I think I learned of this sort of nomenclature when I first learned the true meaning of a "blue moon." It's really enchanting to think of each moon according to its unique season. I'm going to have to learn them all.

Comments

Popular Posts